Business broadband Packages
Most businesses would be lost without a good business broadband package that provides a reliable and fast connection. Business broadband allows entrepreneurs to reach a global market without ever having to leave the comfort of their own home or business premises. If you’re thinking of setting up a business, or already run one, then this guide will explore a few of the issues worth considering when choosing a business broadband package.
Business broadband and static IPs
A static IP address is a critical part of a business broadband connection. In a nutshell, an IP address is a numerical identifier for your computer and is what enables computers to exchange information with one another over the internet.
With most home broadband connections you are granted a dynamic IP. This means it changes every time you connect. However, with premium business broadband connections you are usually provided with a static IP, which means that the identifying number always stays the same. Static IPs enable you to access more advanced internet features that are helpful to a business.
Get a static IP and you can:
- Run a Server
- Build your own Website
- Create an email address that sends directly to an email account of your very own domain
For example, if you are selling vintage comics over the internet you could have a website called www.vintagecomics.co.uk, and your email could be email@example.com.
What business broadband do we offer?
We offer super fast business broadband packages tailored to the needs of companies with connections up to 50mbps.
- Web hosting & email addresses – look out for anti-virus and anti-spam filtering
- Site creations suites such as EasySiteWizard help you quickly and easily set up a website for your business.
- Business Voice (VoIP) – receive an inclusive VoIP business line for incoming and outgoing calls
- Extranet – provides employees with one place to store and share information, which is backed up daily and password-protected.
- PC Security – protection suites safeguard your PC from hackers and viruses when you are online, and protect you from infected CD-ROMs and flash drives when you’re offline.
Note: – Static/fixed IP addresses can give your business a real look of professionalism. This is great if you’re planning on doing a lot of business over the internet – The main problem with static/fixed IP addresses is that they can be vulnerable to hackers, so good internet security is an essential.
Do I need business mobile broadband too?
If you spend a lot of time out of your place of work, for instance, attending meetings and seminars, then it’s a great idea to sign up for mobile broadband too. This will enable you to check and respond to your emails from your laptop, surf the web at speeds of up to 21Mbps on 3G and keep on top of your work no matter how far you are from the office.
Grab a 4G mobile broadband deal from the likes of EE and you can expect an even faster on-the-go connection, allowing you to really make the most of the time you spend travelling for your job.